Sometimes when you get sick, you need to see a doctor. It’s nice to see your family doctor, but at times you need to see a different doctor; like when you are away from home, need a specialist, or have an emergency.
That’s why doctors in Utah are joining the cHIE(chee). With the cHIE, you can safely share your medical story with your doctors. Your doctors can quickly learn your medical story when they need it to take care of you.
Knowledge saves lives.
The more your doctor knows about your medical story, the better. Your medical story is medical information about you:
- Medicines you are taking
- Allergies you have
- Serious sicknesses e.g. diabetes heart problems, cancer
- Tests e.g. blood, x-rays, urine
- Past treatments.
This information is important to doctors taking care of you. It helps doctors know what to do to help you so they don’t do something that hurts you. This can help you feel better and could save your life.
Your doctors can stay on the same page. If you have more than one doctor, each can know what the other is doing. That way, doctors can be sure they are giving you the best care possible. Participation is FREE and it’s easy to sign up.
Start building your medical story in the
cHIE today for better care tomorrow.
To start building your medical story in the cHIE, fill out a cHIE Patient Consent Form. This will give your doctors permission to:
- Send your medical information to the cHIE
- Get your medical information from the cHIE
Over time, your medical story is created. Your medical information is collected from your participating cHIE doctors. It is medical information you choose to tell your doctors. Your medical story is unique. It’s about your health. It means safer care. It can give you peace of mind.
It’s your choice.
It’s your medical story. It’s your choice to share your story or not. There are three options: participate, limited, not participate.
- Participate means you give permission to your doctors to share your medical information.
- Limited means you give permission to your doctors to share your medical information in an emergency and for one medical visit that is NOT an emergency.
- Not participate means you don’t want to share your medical information; not even in an emergency.
You can get a cHIE Patient Consent form your doctor or from . Just fill out the form and give it to your doctor or call 877-693-3071 to find a participating cHIE location.
Change your mind anytime.
You can change your mind and choose a different option any time. All you have to do is fill out a new cHIE Patient Consent Form.